Saturday, August 17, 2013

Encampment at Morning

Encampment at Morning
16x12, Oil on panel
Quantrill's Raiders Reenactment
The first artists were stirring around at sunrise.  Recognizing one of them, I went out to greet and show them where the encampment was.  The troops were starting their campfire for breakfast preparation, and getting water from the well.  As people trickled in, I was able to set up my easel and sketch out my landscape.  I was called away, to return to block in the local colors.  Again called away, and back to finish up as more people were arriving.  The day was full of fun reenactments, beautiful horses, soldiers on horseback, shooting of civil war era firearms, finishing with a campfire complete with vintage songs.  A day well spent.  Painting number 226 in as many days.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely painting and it sounds like you had a lovely time there. Wish I could have seen it all too.

    ReplyDelete