Saturday, August 10, 2013

Late Spring in the Flint Hills

Late Spring in the Flint Hills
Oil on panel, 18x14
While driving home from Colorado, there were so many wonderful views of the Flint Hills!  I love the way the water cuts into the banks, and the way the flint hills rise up around them.  It is like no other place I have seen.  This location is on the western side, just south of I-70.   The very first time I experienced their beauty, it was while riding with my brother and my favorite grandma as a child, on my first trip to Colorado.  It was such a fun trip - and it earned my Grandma Frank the name of "Hot Rod Grandma"!  Perhaps this is where I get that lead foot from... This is painting number 219 in as many days.

5 comments:

  1. loved seeing your gorgeous painting headlining this week's PPF Tammie-I am totally amazed by your exquisite paintings, but especially that you can do something of this quality on a daily basis-wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice views. Wouldn't mind exploring those hills. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your gorgeous painting featured on PPF this week. This is another beauty. Can't believe how disciplined you have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and relaxing to look at. I absolutely love your use of color:) HPPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Wonderful feeling of air and space! <3

    ReplyDelete