Saturday, August 24, 2013

Leaving Camp

Leaving Camp
Oil on panel, 6x12
Civil War Reenactment
Rising early, I quickly set to the chores of the morning.  After first baking dozens of mini pumpkin muffins for a brunch, I finished the few things that needed to be done before Michael's baseball practice.  Dropping him off, Michaela and I ran a couple of errands, getting back in time to see Michael batting (which is my favorite part of practice!)  After a few great hits, it was time to drop them off at their older sister's house while I went to brunch down the street.  It was SO wonderful to just relax, visit, and eat delicious food for a little while!  After tea and muffins at my daughter's, it was off for a little shopping - directed first by the kids, ending with one of my favorite antique shops - where I found a few new treasures and Michaela came home with a cement walrus on it's back for the garden!  Arriving home, I had to finish cleaning up the baking mess (as we had to dash right out, or be late to practice).  Mike arriving home before I was even done, I was pretty worn out with a day full of activities.  And, I hadn't even thought of painting yet!  After sitting for a bit, I thought, "Well, my son didn't get married today......nor did I host 120 people at my home today........so if I can get a painting done on those days, what on earth am I waiting for?  So, with a late start, I painted this banjo player as he was leaving camp - with the banjo slung over his shoulder, while catching up on "Hell on Wheels" with Mike.  Painting number 233 in as many days.  I would sure like to get an earlier start tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Tammie, your work is lovely! A painting a day? I am so impressed. Thanks for stopping by my blog a couple of days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Kat! Daily painting is certainly an adventure!

    ReplyDelete