Thursday, August 29, 2013

On Watch with the Horses

On Watch with the Horses
Oil on panel, 12x6
Civil War Reenactment Paint-Out
Each morning, when I wake up, I think to myself, "Where is my painting window today?"  This morning, I didn't have an answer.  So, I just go about my day, looking for the first opportunity to get in some painting.  I already had planned what I wanted to paint in my head - actually the next two paintings are already lined out.  But, I did not find that chance until well after 10:00.  Listening to an audio book, I started laying paint.  I primed this wood panel a little differently - lighter texture and a warmer sienna tint.  I was able to prime the next 13 surfaces, which I needed so badly to do!  I really liked this long format for this young soldier and the horses in his care.  This painting would have been easier on a larger size, but alas, there was not enough time and no larger surface.  This is painting number 237 in as many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment