Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Roots Entwined

Roots Entwined
Kangaroo Lake
Oil on panel, 6x8
Walking along water's edge, near Sunset Shores on Kangaroo Lake, the stillness was comforting.  I don't know what it is about the woods that is so alluring.  Since I was little, I have always loved exploring through the layers of trees and hidden paths.  I would search for treasures in the fallen leaves, filling my pockets as I walked.  The morning light peered through, throwing shadows on the woodland floor.  The woods are so dense up in Wisconsin, there is almost no undergrowth beneath them.  As a result, they look so well manicured.  I am working with impressionistic strokes today, letting the memory of this place guide my brush.  Perhaps I will dedicate the whole month to paintings of Door County - since I am well on my way!  This is painting number 215 in 215 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment