Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Buckskin

The Buckskin
Oil on panel, 6x6
This beautiful horse was one of those ridden by the men of the encampment for the Civil War reenactment.  Tied to a line, all of these beauties trimmed up the grass, and cleaned the whole area within reach.  Today has been a very busy one - starting with getting art ready and delivered to a gallery, and ending with birthday dinners for our two youngest children.  In between, I had a little time to get this small painting done.  After a trip to Utrecht, I tried out a new paint - naples yellow pale.  Straight out of the tube, it was perfect for the highlights on this horse.  I love trying a new color, even though I find I migrate back to my favorite few.  This is painting number 236 in as many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment