Saturday, September 7, 2013

Along the San Juan Mountains

Along the San Juan Mountains
Oil on wood panel, 12x9
Colorado
This morning, I had no idea of what I wanted to paint.  Unusual for me, as I have many subjects lined up ahead of time!  I went back through some of my recent photos, and this one, taken in May, at the base of the San Juan Mountain Range in Colorado - spoke to me.  I wish I knew the name of this mountain, but they simply do not have signs posted with this info as you drive through Colorado.  A peaceful home was nestled in the foreground.  What an amazing view they have from the back door!  This is painting number 247 in 247 days, and Day 7 in Leslie Saeta's painting challenge.  I think I'll go lay on a raft in the pool now :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice design and composition, Tammy! Wonderful job! Very enjoyable work! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete