Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Arabians at Play

Arabians at Play
Oil on panel, 12x6
150 years ago, this place where I live was a horse farm.  This farm was flourishing before the civil war, before Order #11, and before the whole area was looted and burned by Union soldiers.  It seems so natural to have horses on the place again, just like they were always meant to be here.  These two were from the group that came for the reenactment weekend.  Capturing them at play, I, too, am playing a bit with color today.  Having a little fun with cad orange - I am popping lights throughout, and allowing the underwash to show through.  This is Day 4 of Leslie Saeta's 30 day challenge, and my 244th painting in as many days.  Now, I am off to tea sampling at my oldest daughter's house - she just got some new varieties in to try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment