Thursday, September 19, 2013

Down the Katy Trail

Down the Katy Trail
Oil on panel, 10x8
Today found me on the Katy Trail in Augusta, looking for a painting location.  It is still hot down here - 89 degrees when I finished painting.  I set up in the dense shade of the trees reaching across the trail.  Several bike riders passed me as I painted.  There was a slight breeze, which kicked up as the afternoon stretched on.  What I thought would be a simple, quick paint, took longer than expected.  The dappled light on the path was a bit of a challenge, and it kept changing with the spotty cloud cover.  It felt so good to be back in Augusta, painting on location!  This is painting number 259 in 259 days, and Day 19 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge.  So nice to come back to a wine, amazing baked tomatoes and dinner!!  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Tammy. You've really caught the light on the path.

    ReplyDelete