Sunday, September 22, 2013

Going for a Drive

Going for a Drive
Oil on panel, 12x9
H.S. Clay House
Augusta Harvest Festival Plein Air
The weather could not have been any more perfect for a day of painting.  Settled down into old town Augusta, I set my easel up in the shade of a tree.  As the sun marched west, I had to keep scooting my easel over to keep in the shade.  Knowing I would have to do this beforehand, I got down all of the important parts that would certainly change with my moving view.  Once drawn and blocked in, I did not adjust, so it would remain true to the original vision.  I really enjoyed this day, and our lovely models were real troopers as the sun heated up!  So fun!  This is my 262nd painting in 262 days and Day 22 in the 30 Day Painting Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Wow wonderful! I have to say that I especially love the old car. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wonderful! I have to say that I especially love the old car. Haha

    ReplyDelete