Monday, September 30, 2013

Picking Pumpkins

Picking Pumpkins
Graphite on bristol, 8x9
Today, as I wait in my dad's hospital room, I have my paper and a few graphite tools in my lap.  I brought a few printed photos to work from, in case I had the time or inclination to get to it.  Many artists work well under duress, but that has never been me.  After driving all night, arriving at 3:30am, I only slept a couple hours.  As I began to struggle to keep my eyes open, I pulled out my paper and started to work.  The process helped to revive me.  I was more alert, and could easily visit with my mom and staff - all the while, accomplishing something.  I really didn't feel like drawing when I started, but the process became soothing.  I didn't bring my paints with me on this trip - the hospital frowns on such things in the rooms, and I don't expect to have any daylight hours to spend outdoors.   So, I will be drawing for the next few days.  This is my 270th artwork in as many days, and Day 30 in the 30 Day Painting Challenge - the final day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment