Friday, September 20, 2013

Rainy Day at Augusta Shores

Rainy Day at Augusta Shores
Oil on panel, 9x12
After a stormy night, the hard rain held off until Teddy and I had just packed up our gear and loaded the car.  We couldn't have timed it any better!  For the last half of my painting, it was lightly raining.  I pulled out my red raincoat (always in my trunk), and tried to cover the flat parts of my easel with plastic.  Rain drops stuck to my painting and filled my palette as I worked.  By the end of this, I was literally moving the water aside with my paint brush full of oil paint.  Oil and water really do not mix.  I was fortunate to have had most of my panel covered with paint before the rain increased.  Those few little areas left unpainted resisted those oils relentlessly!  I see a few things I will probably touch up, but for now, this one rests - and off to the next location we go!  Painting number 260 in 260 days, and Day 20 of Leslie Saeta's 30 Day painting challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tammie. Did you and Teddy go up for the fall festival? Do you have a booth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your painting. The water is just great!

    ReplyDelete