Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sunlight on Benton Boulevard

Sunlight on Benton Boulevard
Brush Creek Quick Paint
Oil on panel, 6x12
Friday night was the scheduled Quick Paint for the Brush Creek Art Walk.  Setting up with some craggy trees in mind for my painting, I soon realized that the breeze was blowing the strong turpentine odor from a group of artists right to me.  Well, shoot.  I picked up my easel and moved until I was out of range, and picked a new subject.  I liked the was the light struck these buildings between the trees.  This painting is not quite finished.  I still need to break up the very uniform tree shapes, and vary the colors throughout.  I may be to busy to get to it today, so I am posting now.  This is my 257th painting in as many days and Day 17 of the current 30 Day Painting Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment