Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Horses at Play

Horses at Play
Graphite on Bristol, 10x8
Today has been a MUCH better day while at the bedside of my father, in the hospital.  The pronounced improvement in Dad's health has us all letting out a sigh of relief.  These two arabians were in the front pasture nuzzling when I was able to take this photo.  Drawing with graphite is so therapeutic to me.  I can just sit and relax, letting the pencils do all the work - while my mind wanders.  It is so natural, that I don't even think about what I am doing, I simply do it.  This is artwork number 271 in 271 days.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tammie, I was sorry to read that your dad has been so ill but pleased to hear there has been an improvement. How wonderful that your drawing is able to soothe you through this rough time. You are an inspiration to have been able to keep up with your art during this time let alone for so many days in a row leading up to it. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete