Friday, October 11, 2013

Roses on the Lawn

Roses on the Lawn
Oil on panel, 8x6
Life is made up of all the little moments.  A really special hot cup of tea, hearing from an old friend, shopping and a little girl time with my daughter, and looking out to see these roses right off my front porch - all moments that made up today.  I am painting small today, since so much filled my day!  I am painting on canvas - which I rarely do.  The texture is a bit too regular, even with a little texture applied - but I am just taking that ball and running with it!  As my dad's health goes up and down, I am truly enjoying these little moments where all else is right in my world. Painting number 281 in as many days :)

4 comments:

  1. love your painting...my roses have gone but I have the most marvellous autumn virginia creeper at the back of my garden which I am looking at right now..happy ppf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine! I love virginia creeper! We have some on the barn, but it hasn't started turning red yet. You should paint yours - it would be beautiful :)

      Delete
  2. What a great painting, I like the textures in this, they add another dimension :)

    ReplyDelete