Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Walking Stick

The Walking Stick
Graphite on bristol, 9x11
Michael was walking along a deserted stretch of Lake Eerie, where the once beautiful Maggie Marsh wildlife sanctuary is in Ohio. With limited funds, the park is now just a shadow of it's former self.  The last time we visited, it was full of visitors and people enjoying the beach and boardwalks. This more rustic, untouched area held it's own charm - more natural.  I was able to snap a photo and have kept it in mind for drawing or painting one day.  So, today I draw as Dad rests comfortably.  This is the 273rd artwork in 273 days.  I do wish I'd brought my paints.  The leaves are starting to change, and graphite simply does not do justice to the colors of fall!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice drawing--you tell the story so well. Hope your dad gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete