Thursday, November 14, 2013

Autumn Walk by the Water

Autumn Walk by the Water
After priming the other 21 panels I had waiting, I was able to paint today what I had intended for yesterday.  I started with my pumpkin underpainting, brushing on the block in colors, then finishing with quite a bit of palette knife with the small rounded tip of an angled one.  Since this is only 6 inches by 6 inches, I needed to use mainly this small tip - the full knife being too large in most areas.  I will check out some new sizes when I am next at the art supply store.  I left the clouds more diffused in this landscape, not to detract from the autumn colors and texture.  I will have family in town for three weeks at Christmas, and I will need to start painting 2 a day to prepare for those busy days!  Painting number 312 in as many days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment