Friday, November 22, 2013

Lamplight in the Park

Lamplight in the Park
Oil on panel, 8x6
GOT Art Gallery Holiday Trunk Show
sold
After spending hours on finishing up Jury Committee business, I finally found a window to start painting.  It is very hard to finish what I should, before jumping into what I want to do!  With this painting, I am working with my nocturne colors and the snow, pushing one color while pulling another.  I also used my palette knife throughout - even though the small size of the panel made this a bit challenging.  I barely had time to finish this before I have to run another errand, bake some cookies and head off to the Holiday Show Reception at GOTart Gallery on 3rd St. in Lee's Summit.  Painting number 320 in 320 days :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the orangeish-red lending warmth to a cold winter scene. I can just imagine walking the path with those wonderful lamps lighting the way.

    Hope to see you soon! Looking at all your wonderful paintings has been a wonderful escape during the hectic and stressful times of the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've caught the 'magic' perfectly here.Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful painting - isnt it fun to draw the luminescence of snow? Congrats on your progress! Definitely admirable - will have to read over all the others you did I didnt realize you were doing a marathon thingie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammie, it is amazing that you paint every day and your paintings are truly beautiful and inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete