Monday, November 18, 2013

Lamplight on the Snow

Lamplight on the Snow
Oil on panel, 6x6
GOT Art Gallery Holiday Trunk Show
It has been a long time since I have painted a nocturne - I forgot how much I love it!  The sky was not yet completely dark, with still a twilight glow at the horizon.  This scene drew me in with the yellow lamplight shining over the snow.  The cool shadows darted in and out, reflecting off the snow.  For this painting, I have used prussian blue, instead of my  usual ultramarine.  I have only started to use this color, and it is so fun to experiment!  This will be another painting at GOT Art at the show on December 5th.  I will be working non-stop to get as many winter scenes done before that date - so wish me luck!  Painting number 316 in as many days :)

11 comments:

  1. following you :-) you make beautiful paintings! love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I soooooooooooooo love this one! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! Love a snow scene! SO so BEAUTIFUL!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely! Very striking. I just love the lighting and the colors from the light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful painting Tammie... Prussian blue is one of my favorite colors. i love the yellow glow on the snow. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. another wonderful painting Tammie,happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a at a loss for words- each time I visit I am in awe of your artistic talent. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your painting is beautiful! Love the soft texture and glow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! Love the blues and the lights! Very atmospheric. Not only you are so amazingly prolific but everything you create is so excellent and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love prussian blue. It is gorgeous in this lovely painting. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete