Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Snowy Path at Night

Snowy Path at Night
Oil on panel, 6x6
It was so fun painting the nocturne the other night, so I woke up wanting to start another.  I planned this painting early, had drawn it out with a pastel stick, and even painted the night sky and some of the background trees.  Then, all the events of the day crept in, keeping me away from my easel all day.  It is SO hard to get up and walk away from a painting!  I was almost late to a meeting yesterday, because I just could not pull myself away!  Arriving home much later, I painted into the foreground, almost finishing, but had to stop to leave the house again.  After so many starts and stops, I think this one is finished, but it is hard to tell - my momentum being lost along the way.  I must paint early tomorrow to avoid this very thing!  Painting number 318 in 318 days.


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful - And I totally empathise with you having to leave your painting. There is nothing more irritating for me - especially if I am on a great flow. I set an alarm now, to go off 10 minutes before I have to be anywhere so that I am not late anymore or tempted to just finish off this part!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the atmosphere of your painting and the amazing looseness of strokes, Annette x

    ReplyDelete