Sunday, November 17, 2013

The San Juan in Pagosa Springs

The San Juan in Pagosa Springs
oil on panel, 6x6
Colorado
GOT Art Gallery Holiday Trunk Show
This painting seemed to take me forever to finish today!  I started the line drawing this morning, before going to A birthday brunch.  Hours later, I returned home to finish the housework - so I could then feel free to paint.  I start my painting, then am called on for a little grandson watching - which of course, I want to do!  Start, stop, start, stop...the method of my madness today, until - just now - I am finished.  I intended to use my palette knife, but I just couldn't get in the zone - so I forgot.  I ended up using my "stick" brush for so much of this, as I worked to define trees and mountains - trying to capture all the colors in their appropriate places.  I also intended to lay down some snow, but was so distracted that I forgot.  So, I guess you could say this painting found it's own way to completion, getting very little leadership from me!  Painting number 315 in 315 days.  And I thought I would get another 5 paintings framed today - ha!

4 comments:

  1. wonderful painting...so fun that it 'found its own way' to completion! it's amazing that you are doing a painting a day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dianne! Painting certainly is a journey all it's own!

      Delete
  2. It's unbelievable that you manage to do a painting a day! And they're all equally wonderful. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Things do get a little hectic around the holidays - I hope I can keep it up!

      Delete