Saturday, November 16, 2013

Winter River through the Pines

Winter River through the Pines
Oil on panel, 6x6
Colorado
GOT Art Gallery Holiday Trunk Show
Almost always, while I am painting, I have this little voice that says, "Stop painting, you're done." Not so with this one.  I'm not sure if I am finished, in fact it is quite likely I'll return to it tomorrow after looking at it with fresh eyes.  I will also take a daylight photo, for this one shows more yellow than it actually is.  This is another painting I am doing before the 6x6 show deadline, and to add to my upcoming Holiday Show at GOT Art Gallery on 3rd St, in Lee's Summit.  As well as working on new Christmas card paintings, I will have a selection of small paintings just right for the holidays - as many as I can get painted between now and then!  Painting number 314 in 314 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment