Saturday, November 23, 2013

Winter Train - Engine 1632

Winter Train - Engine 1632
Oil on panel, 14x11
Frisco 1632 - Belton, MO - Depot
GOT Art Gallery Holiday Trunk Show
With a larger painting window today, I really should have painted 2 small paintings.  But, alas, I wanted to paint this train today, which called for a larger panel.  Dated to 1918, this Engine 1632 now resides in Belton, Missouri with assorted others near our old depot. My father and both grandsons love trains, and my maternal grandfather worked most of his life at the Roundhouse for the railroad in Kansas City, Missouri.  Many years ago, I drew one in graphite, perhaps another in pastel, and decided it was time to put a few down in oil.  Putting this one on the tracks in a winter landscape suited my inspiration for today.  Painting number 321 in 321 days.

3 comments:

  1. Tammie your paintings are so very beautiful, full of poetry, such wonderful works, I love this train one, an old steam engine in the snow, how romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this one should be your Christmas card !

    ReplyDelete