Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Across the Lake

Across the Lake
Oil on panel, 11x14
sold
Taking a step back in time, to a warmer day by the lake - instead of the very cold days we have experienced this week!  This one is for a friend of mine - it is a special place dear to her daughter.  I feel like this kind of landscape gets me back to my roots and the plein air experience.  As of late, I have been doing many pieces that are whimsical, or with the Christmas season in mind - but this one brings me close to the earth and the beauty that surrounds us all.  I stopped this one right before leaving on a couple of gallery runs.  I thought it was finished, but now see another area I want to push a little more paint into.  I will get that done in the morning, when I have natural light to work by. At the late stages of a painting, I find it really necessary to use natural light to see just what I really have on the panel.  I may find that a painting finished at night is a different color in the morning! This is painting number 339 in 339 days.  I hope to start work on the next batch of miniatures in the

No comments:

Post a Comment