Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Cardinal in the Pine

Cardinal in the Pines
Acrylic on canvas - gallery wrapped, 4x4
GOT Art Gallery Holiday Trunk Show
I now have over 30 paintings showing at Got Art Gallery on 3rd St. in Lee's Summit, MO.  After setting these up today for a speical holiday "trunk sale", and a wonderful Christmas party for our Summit Art group, I am finally home to post what I had painted very early this morning.  This is one of the many cardinals that visit my feeders, flying from branch to branch.  The feeders are right outside my kitchen window, which is a wide bay - giving me the perfect spot to paint the great outdoors from the comfort of my home!  I am working in acrylics for the second day in a row, because this was one to be delivered today!  It was much easier to move into the groove of this medium today than it was yesterday.  It was even fun - I always loved a challenge!  Painting number 332 in as many days - come see me tomorrow night at the gallery 5:00-9:00 :)

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful little bird! Wonderful colours! We have them in our backyard too and they are always a joy to see. Good luck with your show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the colors of these little birds in the winter landscape - they are just so showy :)

      Delete