Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Church on a Winter's Night - miniature


Church on a Winter's Night
acrylic on panel, 2.5 x 2.5 inch
sold
This day has been so full it is bursting at the seams!  Our Tri-County Art League Christmas lunch was today, and I had our annual class party tonight at my house - full of good food, good wine and so many gifts for all!  After SO much celebrating today - I am ready to hit the sack!  This is one of the miniatures I have been painting lately - only this one is in a square format.  I have taken lots of reference photos , and it takes a little digging to find just what I want.  We have so many charming old churches in rural Missouri - I decided to choose this for my subject matter today.  Painting number 345 in 345 days.  Now, I am ready for a long winter's nap!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely painting, and in such a miniature format. The church looks warm and welcoming against the snowy backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised to see the dimensions under your painting. Wow!! You have great eyesight to paint that small!!! Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammie, your ability to paint fast and beautifully amazes me. It is such a joy to see what you have created. This church is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy PPF. Wow congratulations on completing a painting marathon, each and everyone of them is beautiful. Have a wonderful Christmas time, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holidays luv the splashes of light; have a nice Friday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done! I love those old country churches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the spirit of this painting...so beautiful and lit up! You really made it seem like the lights are on in the church and over the horizon!! Gorgeous!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really beautiful. I do like the way you treated the light from the church and the moon. Very nice!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how gorgeous Tammie-love the depth and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful and tranquil scene. Wishing you the best of the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that painting - I can see so much texture in it - it invites me right in

    ReplyDelete