Sunday, December 8, 2013

Poinsettia - miniature

Poinsettia - miniature
Acrylic on canvas, 2x3" with easel
GOT Art Gallery Holiday Trunk Show
I have been getting quite a bit of painting in over the last few days - and I am ahead in my work!  What a great feeling!  I have 5 days left to finish the bulk of my work, before company starts to descend.  Today was quite pleasurable, as I painted while watching sappy Christmas movies!  So fun!  My youngest son likes this one the best of my latest miniatures - because it "looks like fire"!  Using acrylic with this one - I am really enjoying these tiny little canvases.  On busy days, they are a quick fix for my rather extreme painting habit, and if in the zone - I can simply go from one painting to the next!  Its a funny thing, but I have SO many Christmas paintings already in my head - and I'm sure there will not be enough days to paint and post them all before the holidays close.  I will never run out of subjects, because I come up with so many more than I could ever paint!  Painting number 336 in 336 days :)

1 comment:

  1. Your son is right: it does look like fire! Beautiful colours, my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete