Thursday, December 5, 2013

Santa's Ride - miniature

Santa's Ride - miniature
acrylic on canvas with easel, 2x3
sold
After baking 96 cookies for tonight's Cookie Walk and reception in downtown Lee's Summit, I headed over to the gallery on this very brisk night.  Braving the 16 degree cold, so many visitors popped in tonight for a little art and red velvet white chocolate chip cookies!  It was so fun to see everyone and catch up with old friends!  This little painting was among the sales, so I wanted to get it posted tonight for others to see.  It is a more whimsical than my norm - and super fun to paint!   This little gem was my first jump back into acrylics in quite a while.  Feeling playful with this tiny canvas, I envisioned Santa's sleigh and tiny reindeer wrapping up as if to circle the moon.  Using rather fanciful strokes and dropping in the color sporadically, I was able to spontaneously paint this little bit of whimsy by the lake.  It is fun to pull a painting out of my head once in a while - instead of working en plein air.  Santa is quick - and I'm afraid I'd have a hard time capturing him with paint during the night of Christmas Eve!  Painting number 333 in 333 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment