Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Stream through the Snow - miniature

Stream through the Snow
Acrylic on canvas, 2.5 x 3.5 inches
sold
The holidays are such a wonderful time for telling all those around you just how much they mean.  I spend hours writing out Christmas cards to loved ones, sharing special memories, and telling each one exactly how special they are to me.  The very act calls up so many memories of good times long past, some of those special people no longer on this earth.  Among my very favorites is my Grandma Frank - my mother's mom.  Of all my extended family members, I always felt closest to her.  We have like personalities - she was always so positive about everything.  She was never without a warm smile on her face, radiating love wherever she went.  For 20 years after her passing, her name would come up, and sometimes complete strangers would tell me what a wonderful woman she was.  That is quite a testimony of a life well lived.  I can only hope to touch so many lives in such a positive way.  With much love to all of my family and friends, this is painting number 354 in as many days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment