Friday, February 14, 2014

Pansies on Parade

Pansies on Parade
Oil over acrylic on panel, 10x8
Happy Valentine's Day to you all!  Today finds me revisiting a painting that I first began in acrylic.  Started en plein air in Augusta, I already had so much information down on the panel.  The painting called out for oils - to add depth and pop to the colors already blocked in.  It is surreal how revisiting a painting can take me right back to the spot.  I remember the warm sun and gentle breezes constantly blowing my hair across my eyes.  I even remember the other artists on the street in town, waving and calling out as they passed.  I am looking forward to this year's event in April - it is always a wonderful reunion!  Painting number 410 in as many days :)

3 comments:

  1. You have captured two of my favorites here, redbuds and pansies. Thanks for visiting my blog and happy PPF...late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting. Thankyou for visiting and for your lovely comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pansies, and I agree that just looking at something you've painted does take one back completely to the time and place. Sorry that I have been absent for a while. I've been looking back at some I have misses, and love the rose and those perfect chickadees.

    ReplyDelete