Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sweet Chickadees

Sweet Chickadees
Oil on panel, 12x6
The little chickadees line up on these branches, awaiting their turn at the feeders.  They are very social, flitting back and forth from feeder to branch and sharing the latest gossip.  The ice today barely started to melt, and our road is still a sheet of ice.  We just have to wait for enough sunshine to melt it off before we can make it to town!  No salt out here, ever.  If we really do get 4 - 8 inches of snow on Tuesday, I hope to take the kids out to Mad Dog Hill for sledding.  Then I will have some super fun new sledding photos to paint from!  I won't be painting en plein air, because I will be on the slopes!  I'm letting this one rest for now.  I haven't decided what it needs, but "my inner voice" is not telling me it is finished.  So, I will post for now, and revisit it later.  Sometimes all a painting needs is fresh eyes on another day.  Painting number 398 in as many days :)

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your art so much! Your technique is beautiful. So smooth.

    http://www.artworkbyjm.com/

    ReplyDelete