Thursday, March 6, 2014

Blue Heaven Hydrangeas

Blue Heaven Hydrangeas
oil on panel, 6x6
I'm SO glad to have small panels to paint on again!  On these days that are so busy and full of activities, I can easily squeeze in a small painting - where a larger one might be impossible!  I am also pushing the "easy button" today by painting a loose, impressionistic floral.  These were given to me two years ago by my son Tyler for Mother's Day, and they grow outside my kitchen window.  These are one of my favorite flowers - and I really enjoy painting them!  It just makes me happy to think of the warm summer days and their fragrance wafting into the windows!  This makes painting number 430 in 430 days.  I like mixing up my subject matter from day to day - that special something about variety being the spice of life :)

7 comments:

  1. wow, another gorgeous painting Tammie. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous blue! Your paintings are always a joy to view, Tammie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammie,
    This is such a beautiful painting of Hydrangeas; your son has great taste.

    p.s.My son's name is Tyler as well, got his name from the show "Matlock" ;)

    Congrats on the 430 paintings, amazing accomplishment.

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so beautiful! You are amazing painting so many lovely paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous Tammie!! I love hydrangeas because they always take me back to my great grandmother's home where I spent much time. I now have a large bush in my yard and cannot wait to see the blooms again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning....I just love flower paintings and these are gorgeous...I love the blend of colors too!!
    Hydrangeas are such a wonderful flower that seem to keep giving... there was a time I had them in my home dried year around....I loved it....now I just enjoy them in the garden!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. So "heavenly" beautiful and gorgeous painting, Tammie. The blue is - just wonderful! I adore this.

    ReplyDelete