Sunday, March 30, 2014

First Daffodil

First Daffodil
Oil on panel, 7x5
I though I should capture this first daffodil in oils, as it will certainly not last for long.  It has popped up very close to the walk, and our new little puppy has twice tried to bite at it in passing.  The bright yellow bloom bobbing in the wind is an enticing as a toy to him!  Wanting to paint this one small, as I have a full day ahead, I chose the 7x5 inch canvas which had not yet been primed.  Washing it with a little paint and oil for some color, I painted directly on the canvas until all areas were blocked in.  With a loose finish, this is the 454th painting in as many days.  I'm so thankful for the warmer days!

2 comments:

  1. Your daffodil is so beautiful! It is really cheering up when the weather begins to be warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got great results on an unprimed canvas Tammie. Annette x

    ReplyDelete