Tuesday, March 11, 2014

In the Shed

In the Shed
Oil on panel, 6x6
With temperatures nearing 80 degrees this afternoon - it was the perfect day for working in the garden!  I had to dig out my shorts and a tank top - which I haven't worn for months - just to get to work.  There are SO many flowers coming up - I can't wait until they are blooming!  These tools were among the necessary items for today, so I have captured them in oil.  I am again working small, since time is short, and I have other things yet to take care of.  I started with an orange primed panel, and placed all of my darks first.  The lights are not very strong, since these tools are inside of a north facing shed, deep in the shade. From there, I simply laid in all of the value - quick and loose.  Painting number 435 in as many days, and here comes the rain :)

10 comments:

  1. Great find to paint these tools and you have made it so perfect!! I am wordless in font of your art:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are warm and lovely! Great composition too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful shadings Tammie and another fab piece of art. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammie, your tools looks so real! Except I think mine are a little more worn. How you have managed to keep up your record of a painting a day is beyond me. What do you do with 435 paintings? I have trouble knowing what to do with the few I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! Love the colours and the earthiness of this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Paint Party Friday! You are so creative. Keep cool. I LOVE the colors, so warm and rich. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend :) Tam

    ReplyDelete
  7. These tools are calling me : ) Still under many feet of white stuff : )
    Love the earthy rust tones you used in the shovels, very nice composition Tammie.
    Enjoy the garden and budding flowers…..Now you've left me with that image in my mind : )

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammie you never cease to amaze me with your gorgeous style and matter that you paint!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tammie..how I love the warmth and glow of this piece ..a palette of terracotta hues...stunning work!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful painting Tammie! I cannot wait til we have 80 degree weather here.

    ReplyDelete