Thursday, March 27, 2014

Indian Maiden at Lover's Leap

Indian Maiden at Lover's Leap
Graphite on bristol, 11x14
Plague in Hannibal, Missouri




















Today's work is a tribute to the legend of the star-crossed indian lovers at Lover's Leap in Hannibal, Missouri.  This one is drawn in graphite on bristol. When I was doing so much graphite work while my dad was in the hospital, I had chosen my very favorite tools - putting them all in a narrow little zip-up bag I could keep in a tote with my bristol pad.  Having my supplies with me, I could then work whenever the opportunity presented itself.  Well, I have since unloaded that tote, and I can not find my little bag of supplies!  While it is true, I have many supplies......I totally miss my favs!  One thing I must replace is a black inktense watersoluable pencil for those absolutely black details that simply can't be attained with only graphite.  And, there is nothing like well-worn tortillions already loaded with gaphite for that great shading.  I know they will turn up somewhere......I probably unpacked and repacked that tote for a school field trip, laying the bag aside in a remote place!  This piece makes 451 in as many days.....now on to the next with only a little time before the kids come home!

2 comments:

  1. Tammie, this is an amazing drawing - I love all the details and the serene face of the maiden. Graphite is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wonderful drawing Tammie, you are such an amazing artist.
    Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete