Monday, March 17, 2014

Orange Study

Orange Study
Oil on panel, 6x6
not for sale
Not quite finished, but its getting late, so this must be my daily post.  I am studying the work of Lisa Gloria today, and this is from one of her demos and the reference photo she supplied.  My focus here is on sensitive strokes.  I have never painted a peeled orange before, and this orange gave me fits!  The membrane on the orange is so challenging - and painting at night is also a disadvantage, as I don't have daylight to paint by.  Oh well, it is spring break this week, and everything is off schedule!  I think tomorrow I will soften some of it's hard edges, as it does not have the same feel as the bowl and loose surroundings.  I think I'll also add a little blue for energy.  This is painting number 442 in as many days.  Wishing I had plein air painted on this day instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment