Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sharla and Lulu

Sharla and Lulu
Oil on panel, 10x8
sold
I had Alastair again today, and after classes this morning (Zumba and Intervals for me and Ready, Set, Grow for Alastair), we were home only shortly before going to the Play Place.  I have been gone all day!  Finally returning to my easel, much later than planned, I am looking over yesterday's work.  After a few added touches, I think this may just be finished.  Since the rain has now started and I am again painting in sub-standard light, I won't really be sure until tomorrow.  I really need to get some more daylight bulbs for painting at night. For portrait work - it really is a necessity!  Still painting number 450 - which means I now have to get busy on today's work :)

10 comments:

  1. wow Tammie this is so gorgeous. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Tammy, You are so prolific! I have enjoyed scrolling through a bunch I have missed. You master such a great variety of subjects! I loved seeing the progress shots on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful painting. Sharla looks so natural and real, but it seems as though the dog is determined to steal the limelight! You are so talented both with human portraits and animal ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, smashing! Such a sweet dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous portrait painting Tammie! I love their expressive faces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a compelling painting. My eyes bounce back and forth between Sharla and Lulu. Im not sure which is my favorite. So I won't choose. Lovely work.
    ~~irene #54

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammie, this painting is truly magical! You have managed to paint true love between a pet and their owner. Lulu looks like she wants you to leave them alone : ) Just gorgeous! Love it!

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are truly incredible...gorgeous impressive artwork!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete