Friday, March 7, 2014

The Scarlet Rose

The Scarlet Rose
Oil on panel, 6x6
Some days are just chock full of sweet delights.  After a couple of grueling classes at the gym, the hours unfolded pleasantly.  With several errands to run, I met friends at each location - making the work seem effortless.  A beautiful warm day - it was a joy to bask in the sun with the cats for a bit.  The first tease of spring is SO sweet!  Visits from my little darlings - Alan and Alastair just added icing to the cake that was my day!  It was quite late before I could come to my easel, but the paints just rolled off my brush.  Choosing one of my red, red roses to paint, this scarlet beauty is the perfect icon for my sparkling day.  Wishing all days would flow with such a rhythm as today!  Painting number 431 in 431 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment