Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Miniature Daffodils

Miniature Daffodils
Oil on panel, 6x6
I planted these miniature daffodils last spring after they adorned the kitchen table until they faded.  They spread and popped up beautifully this year - and each bloom is only the size of a quarter! The new puppy nearly wiped out the whole clump with a chomp as he walked by!  I'm playing with color a bit on this one, and I should have pulled out the palette knife - but I didn't.  Some days I am just too distracted by all the other things on my plate.  So much color is showing up in the garden!  After the rain, the forsythia has even started to show some yellow!  I love the wispy look of these in full bloom!  Maybe I will be painting those beauties is just a matter of days!  Painting number 457 in 457 days - spring is finally showing in the landscape :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous daffodils, beautifully captured, very inspiring and naturally beautiful work. Thank you for sharing, Tammie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful miniature daffodils, my favourites - perhaps these are the Tête-à-Têtes that I love so much, they keep standing whatever the wind.
    Just now the Forsythia in all the gardens wherever we go are out in full gorgeous yellow bloom, such a lovely colour. I hope you get to paint and show some.

    ReplyDelete