Saturday, April 26, 2014

Morning Run at Matson

Morning Run at Matson
Oil on panel, 12x9
Uncorked 100K Paint-Out
Augusta Plein Air Festival
This was the first paint of the day in beautiful Matson, Missouri.  I have wanted to paint there for years, but it has never been on the agenda - until now!  The Uncorked 100K sponsored this event, hence the runners, and I was awarded an honorable mention for this painting!  The morning was warm, with gentle breezes - I really enjoyed painting nature's beauty in such comfortable surroundings!  It is not always the case with plein air!  There were four paints for me this day - just ending with a fun nocturne at a winery!  What could be better than that?  Painting number 480 in as many days - and tomorrow I paint Defiance!  Hoping for good weather - not the violent storms which are called for!

No comments:

Post a Comment