Thursday, April 24, 2014

Rambling Redbud

Rambling Redbud
Oil on panel, 14x11
On location
This is the first day of the Augusta Plein Air Festival - and our paint out today is one of my annual favorites at Augusta Shores!  This glorious redbud is located just up the street from where I stay - overlooking Hickory Lake.  The weather was the best ever in the history of this location - and I made full use of it.  Finishing two paintings before the driving rain made it into town, the artists were treated to cheese and wine before the amazing chili supper.  Is it any wonder this event has grown to 130 artists this year?  It is just like a family reunion to come back here and see so many friends!  I probably could have completed a third painting if I hadn't visited so much!  The best part about this day is that I felt like I had all the time in the world to paint!  My painting windows are SO small in my normal, everyday life, that when I am given from dawn until 5:00 to paint - I hardly know what to do with myself!  I will bask in the glory of all the time tonight, because tomorrow will be a different story!  I have 3 painting windows tomorrow - and the first two overlap!  I must get up at 3:40am to leave by 4:40am to arrive at Mount Pleasant Winery by 5:00am - I will be painting the sunrise with a few artist friends while Channel 2 News in St. Louis films the process!  So exciting!  This painting makes 478 in as many days - I had better get some rest!

2 comments:

  1. You work so hard Tammie. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experiences and art work.
    Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful nature-painting!!!

    Smiles from Belgium, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete