Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring Forsythia

Spring Forsythia
Oil on canvas, 5x7
Today was full of classes, framing, research for an upcoming painting and countless chores - all with little Alastair to help me.  After a couple hours at the play place, and picking Michael up from track, I was finally able to get to today's painting.  These beauties are blooming on the east side of the house, while the other clumps are still not to their peak.  I have blocked all in with a couple of brushes, leaving the palette knife for the boldest bloom marks.  This is only a 5x7 inch canvas, so I am using only the pointy tip of the palette knife to pull the strokes.  And yes, my cheap plastic knife offers the right amount of give!  I seem to be using this knife more than any of my metal ones - which were much more expensive, by the way.  I need to get back to work, I am sketching out another painting, and still doing the research on another.  This painting makes 470 in as many days :)

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic forsythia. Ours have finished blooming and are now in beautiful spring green leaves.

    ReplyDelete