Monday, April 28, 2014

Springtime in Defiance

Springtime in Augusta
Oil on panel, 14x11
Defiance Paint-Out
sold
Defiance, Missouri is one of my favorite places to paint.  Each year, when the Defiance paint-out comes up during the Augusta Plein Air Festival - I start thinking of all of the wonderful places to paint!  This year, I had only started to scout for a spot when I walked up the road and saw this landscape.  I had only walked a block - and I knew I must paint this scene!  Some days, the paint seems to just roll off the brush.  When it is warm and windy, I will leave the bottom left corner unpainted until the very end - so I have a place to hold onto it when it is on my easel!  This was such a wonderful day for painting - followed by a wonderful dinner with friends.  Life is sweet at the Augusta Plein Air Festival!  Painting number 482 in 482 days :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I admire how you go out and paint. It's something I'd love to do as well. :)

    ReplyDelete