Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Squire Boone's House

Squire Boone's House
Oil on panel, 14x11
Daniel Boone Farm in Defiance, MO
Augusta Plein Air Festival 2014
Today's scheduled paint-out was at the Daniel Boone Farm in Defiance, Missouri.  This place if full of wonderful old buildings that have been relocated here on the original farm property.  The day was cold, and I had to layer up - complete with hand and foot warmers - and I still grew cold as the day progressed.  If only the wind would settle down!  I tucked myself up close to one of the old houses where a porch jutted out on one side, so I was sheltered on two sides from the wind.  It looked like rain most of the time, but we dodged that bullet again today!  It was nice to finish by 3:00 and get a little free time!  Painting number 484 in as many days, and I'm going to Vineyard Hill in the morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment