Thursday, May 15, 2014

Frisella Fountain

Frisella Fountain
Oil on panel, 8x10
I took this photo reference the morning of the sunrise paint at Frisella's Nursery.  They have a wonderful breakfast for the artists - which is always welcome at an early morning paint!  The light was hazy, and it was pretty cold, as well.  That day was the beginning of a morning of searching for the perfect painting destination.  Today, I started with pilates and intervals classes, with only enough time to clean up before a jury meeting.  After fulfilling my duties, it was back home in time for the kids to come home.  With many starts and stops, I was finally able to finish this one - hours after the beginning.  With a house full of family, I am going to let this one rest.  My thoughts are rather disjointed at present - so I'll have to look again in the morning with fresh eyes.  This painting makes 499 in 499 days!  Tomorrow will be the 500th!  I should paint something special on such a day :)

3 comments:

  1. I can NOT believe how much art you've done! 500 tomorrow?? In a row? SO completely amazing. I am so inspired. And this piece is just beautiful. Bravo, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....I'm not even sure I could paint 500 pieces in a whole lifetime! What an achievement! Absolutely LOVE this piece!

    http://www.artworkbyjm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, love the brushstrokes and colors.

    ReplyDelete