Saturday, May 24, 2014

On the Lawn of the Frontier Mother

On the Lawn of the Frontier Mother
Oil on panel, 14x11
Penn Valley Plein Air Fest
Buttonwood Art Space, KC, MO
One of the best things about being involved in so many plein air events is that I get to see new places!  This wonderful statue is one such thing!  This quick paint was my third painting of that day - and we were just glad to miss the big rain that was headed our way!  I just realized today that I had not posted this one, so I am doing so now.  I am ahead so many paintings, that it has become a little hard to keep track of them!  This afternoon was spent at Art in the Vines out in Louisburg, KS at the Sommerset Vineyard and Winery.  What a wonderful place, so picturesque and with a guitarist playing for the crowd - who could ask for more?  Painting number 509 in 509 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment