Monday, May 5, 2014

Still Waters at Vineyard Hill

Still Waters at Vineyard Hill
Oil on panel, 11x14
Vineyard Hill Paint-Out
Our Thursday's paint out was at the beautiful Vineyard Hill, private property of the Virants.  Always gracious, our wonderful hosts served us breakfast goodies and a wonderful chili lunch - which was so warming on the cold day!  This special place has a hilltop view of the surrounding landscape, lake, winding creek, barns, woods, and wonderful vineyards.  Some of the grapevines were thicker around than my arm! I painted this winding water from a footbridge into the woods on a walking path.  I knew as soon as I saw it, I must paint it.  The bridge was lined up with artists, so we had selected another spot to paint first, arriving at this location late in the day.  With only 45 minutes to lay in paint - I brushed it on with my large brush, working as quickly as I could with the 11x14 panel.  The feel of this place was so peaceful, I was glad we had waited for the crowd to clear.  Rain had loomed close all day, but did not actually start to fall until I was nearly finished with this piece.  This was perhaps the coldest day of the ten, and was I ever thankful for my rainslicker!  It blocked that wind completely, and I was not longer cold.  Painting number 489 in 489 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment