Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Wolf Creek from the West Trail

Wolf Creek from the West Trail
Oil on panel, 9x12
Overland Park Arboretum
STEMS Plein Air Event
I headed over to the Overland Park Arboretum as soon as pilates was over this morning.  Hauling my gear all the way to the back of the property - this is the reward for that effort!  An amazing creek, that I have only found this year.  I have been here countless times, without ever finding it.  In the old days, these mulch trails were often closed due to rain.  But they have done so much to improve them, now!  There are even two wonderful bridges back there - one of which was my first paint of the day!  This one is my second painting, Wolf Creek viewed from a steep embankment on the West Trail.  It was a beautiful and remote spot - only a handful of onlookers walked by.  Just past this turn in the creek, there is one of the iron bridges.  On quick inspection, I couldn't see a way down the embankments.......but there may be one.  The light was beautiful all day, and the high winds were not much of a bother in such a wooded area.  It was a very pleasant day of painting at the arboretum.  I plan to go back in the morning, perhaps to paint one of the challenges for the event.  This painting makes 505 in as many days.  Now, I'm off to late baseball game for Michael :)

No comments:

Post a Comment