Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Butterflies in the Yarrow

Butterflies in the Yarrow
Watercolor on paper, 7x10.5
The purple yarrow in the front flower bed is bursting with blooms today!  Unable to resist the beauty - I am trying this in watercolor.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about this one.  I like the flow and the colors, but I am missing the texture of the thick, buttery oils today - or maybe even the molding paste and acrylics.  I have been working in watercolor for two complete weeks, and perhaps it is time to start mixing it up a bit.  This day was very busy - Tuesdays and Fridays are the hardest workout days at the gym, and I followed that with three hours of pool/garden work outside.  Then, I finally found a painting window (instead of eating) before I need to head out to Michael's baseball game.  I guess I could just be tired - it will be a welcome relief to sit in a chair and watch Michael play ball for two hours!  I'll look at this again tomorrow, and try to paint a little earlier in the day!  Painting number 540 in 540 days :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Just gorgeous. I LOVE the colors here. Those pinks look wonderful against the blue.

    ReplyDelete