Monday, June 16, 2014

Green Street Hydrangea

This is the second painting started on Green Street during the Lee's Summit Garden Walk.  I had already completed two others on Saturday, and this one was sketched in, petals, foliage and stems applied with a knife and Liquitex light molding paste.  I keep a small jar in my french easel, so I can use this technique whenever the mood strikes me.  The Garden Walk was a collection of gardens scattered along three streets, all close enough to casually walk from one to the other.  This particular painting is of the left edge of a giant hydrangea that must have spread 10 feet across!  This is a close up of the same hydrangea that I painted two days ago - so if you look back, you can see what little part this was of the beautiful landscape.  My intention was to finish both on sight, but I was invited out to dinner before I was finished - and the chance for a relaxing meal that I didn't have to cook won!  This is still a bit loose, and I may well look at it tomorrow and decide to add just a few tight petal strokes in among the wild......maybe.  I am hoping my Pebeo drawing gum arrives tomorrow  - I am SO wanting to play some more with the watercolors!  This one makes painting number 532 in 532 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment